Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large heads cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in cauliflower, onions, celery, and carrots. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften
- Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more. Stir in thyme, oregano, and cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and milk. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until the soup has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 112% | Vitamin C: 15.8% | Calcium: 13% | Iron: 3.4%